Industrial and Organisational Health (IOH) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2016, the data controller is Industrial and Organisational Health, registered in England and Wales with company number Z5197373 whose registered office is at Unit 5, The Staithes, The Watermark, Metro Riverside, Gateshead, NE11 9SN.
Information We May Collect
Our Website typically collects two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide which personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you which we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us.
- Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, etc. As a general policy, to facilitate the use of ioh.co.uk content, you must provide personally identifiable information when registering.
- Non-Personal Information: Our definition of non-personal information is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Websites. This information can include, among other things, IP addresses, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.), the third party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using (e.g., Vista, Windows XP, Macintosh OS, etc.), the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., BT, Talk Talk, etc.), the specific areas of the Website that you visit, and the duration of your visit
How We Use the Information Collected
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Personally Identifiable Information: We may also use this information to contact you for a variety of reasons, such as customer service, providing you promotional information about our products and services or to communicate with you about the services we have provided using the email address which you have supplied to us.
- Non-Personal Information: We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and to improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others.
Other Uses and Information
- IP Addresses: We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Cookies: are small text files which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies themselves do not typically contain any personally identifiable information. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
We use two types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like online forms and online bookings and logging into the members area would not work.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that
identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Keeping Your Information Secure
- We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
Links to other websites
- Our Website may link to or contain links to other third party websites that we do not control or maintain. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party website. We encourage you to note when you leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of all third party websites before submitting any personally identifiable information.
- We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits, features and services offered on or through our Website.